Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1 day and a wake up

Howdy folks. Sorry I've been a little aloof the last day or two. There hasn't been all that much exciting to talk about. We've done a little sight seeing in some of the local cities, namely Hamburg and Bremerhaven.

I'm having issues at the hotel with Internet connection. They won't let me have both my iPad and my phone logged on at the same time without paying extra. So, I can't post pictures of some of the sites I've seen. I'm scheduled to be at the hospital tomorrow afternoon, so I'll use the free wi-fi there to transfer all my pics to the iPad.

As I was saying, tomorrow I will go back to the hospital for my final check-up. I expect a GLOWING report. Here's why: I feel fantastic!! I am not 100% yet, granted, but I feel better RIGHT NOW than I have in years. Every day is a little better than the last one. I'm just a little stronger; walk a little farther a little longer and feel a little less tired afterwards.

So, tomorrow they will tell me how great everything looks, and then I will come back to the hotel to pack. Early Friday morning, we'll board a plane, hitting the ground in the ATL sometime around 6 PM. After that, we'll boogie back to Montgomery where I will SLEEP IN MY OWN BED, for the first time in three weeks. Cannot wait for that biddness.

Anyway, this has not been one of my more exciting posts ... Sorry. Honestly, all I can think about right now is getting home. I am ready Freddy. Stay tuned to future updates though. I'm just kinda getting started with all this. I'm pretty sure there is a book in the future. People need to know about this, as well as other areas of German medicine. In some ways, they are just light years ahead of us. It's really shocking, particularly when you see it WITH YOUR OWN EYES.

By the way, while there have been a few folks before me who have had four artificial discs at the lumbar level (like a handful), I think it is true that I may be the first person ever to have it done with the new generation disc. At the very least, I am most likely the first one with this particular disc. I'm waiting to hear back from the manufacturer on the final word for that information.

So, that's about it tonight. If I can get the pics transferred tomorrow, I'll show you a little bit of what I have seen.

Later gator


- Posted by ADP

Location:Bürgerpark,Bremen,Germany

3 comments:

  1. WooWoo! Great to hear. Get home and hug your Mama, your son, and anybody else that will let you. David, you do the same. God speed to you both. Joe and Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! So glad to hear...we rejoice with you..."Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21

    Yall travel home safely! ~ Billy Irvin

    ReplyDelete
  3. David congrats on your miracle!! praying for great news today and safe travels home. sweet home Alabama will be here to welcome you back!! call us if you need anything!!!
    holly & david moore

    ReplyDelete