Sunday, April 10, 2011

These here folks ain't Amuricun's

Happy Sunday! This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Is this somehow significant? I find it interesting that I had both life changing back surgery, and quit a 25 year habit of dipping snuff, all on April Fool's Day. Hmmm. This means something but I'm not sure what.

So, I went down to the whirlpool yesterday and was enjoying myself a good bit, when in walked another couple who seemed to want to get in with me. We exchanged smiles and then ... they proceeded to get butt naked and hop in the whirlpool with me. Now, a boy from Alabama is not used to seeing such as this and it's safe to say I was quite a bit uncomfortable. So me and my bathing suit hopped up on out of there and decided that maybe whirlpools in Germany weren't for us. Wow, that was weird.

Had a nice Bratwurst and Kraut dish last night at a place called the Ratskeller. It looks like this


Those are very large and very old wine vats along the right wall, some of them 700 years old I believe I was told. We are in the basement of a building that now houses city hall, which is above us. I think before that it was somebody's house.

Headed back into town this afternoon. Planning to buy a rail pass and tour Hamburg, Bremerhaven, and Berlin Monday through Wednesday. Thursday it's back to the hospital and Friday fly home.

5 days and a wake up. Partner, I am ready.

Bye for now ...

- Posted by ADP

Location:Bürgerpark,Bremen,Germany

3 comments:

  1. Your back must be doing great! That is a lot of activity. LOL about the whirlpool. I mean, what do you say: "Glad to see you"? I can tell you two are now having some fun. What a great transformation this is for you. Enjoy! Joe and Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled your progress continues. Sounds like you have many life experiences to write about. I look foreward to new songs when you get back to USA. Auburn swept Kentucky today.War Eagle - Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day I read your blog, more and more great news appears. I'm so happy that things are going well for you. You and your father be safe on your way home and when you get back, we will continue our conversation on how Auburn won't even make it to a bowl game this year. ROLL TIDE - Morgan

    ReplyDelete