Saturday, April 9, 2011

Five Stars

Howdy from The Park Hotel. That's this place ...



It's pretty swanky let me tell you. Want a coke? Sure thing. 5 euros please. That's $7.10 or so in US dollars. Needless to say Dad and I journeyed to the market to grab a few basics.

We toured the town a little yesterday and ate at an Italian restaurant last night that was pretty decent. The Original Willie Nelson Fan will appreciate this; There was an acoustic act set up to play and he started about halfway through dinner. What was the first song? Glad you asked ... "Always On My Mind"

I bet I probably walked 5 miles or so yesterday, and adding the dinner out, I was pretty tired by the time we got back to the hotel. So, today I'm just kind of taking it easy. My legs are not used to walking correctly, so seldom used muscles are now in revolt over being asked to do things they haven't done in a while. My right calf is just on FIRE. But, you can bet your bippy I'm willing to go through a little muscle soreness.

Okay, so ... There you have it. I'm off to the whirl pool now. Life is rough.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are roughing it appropriately! Five miles is a bunch. I've been walking/jogging a little over 3 miles two or three times a week and my old muscles stay sore. It is a good feeling, though. Keep enjoying your stay. Glad to hear the Germans have such fine taste in music. Joe and Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an incredible change for you. Glad to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... 5 miles. Never expected to see results like this so quickly. This must seem like a dream. This can only improve your guitar playing. ;)

    ReplyDelete