Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Pics and Misc. Info

This is what it all looked like before the surgery. You can see that all of the vertebra below the fusion were very close together, some almost touching. Trust me, you can feel that buddy. I'm not crafty enough on this blog thingy yet to put the images side by side. Okay, wait a second ... Maybe I am that crafty ...





























Anyway, that's as good as I can do. You can see in the image on the left that my back begins to immediately start humping forward at the S-1 level (also known as your tail bone and the last vertebra). In the image on the right you can see that it is returning to the natural curve and continuing on through the original fusion. Honestly, I have no idea how he was able to manage that. Like I have said, in my mind it is a miracle.


Here is an image of the lovely porridge I was served for dinner this evening. In all honesty, this is one of the better things I have eaten at the hospital.











Dad has been working hard on his German. He can actually say a few things now.












I have no idea what she is saying, but she is right - there is no better way to fly across the big pond. Best flight I have ever been on in my life.









Well, anyway ... Today was a good day for me. I got a little stronger, walked a little farther (3/4 mile), and just felt better in general. We're still debating whether I will stay here for therapy on come on back home on 4/13 and just continue it there. I'm beginning to feel more confident about coming on back. Wow, who would have ever imagined I could travel half way around the world, have major back surgery, and be back home in less than two weeks? Not me.

Thanks as always for the prayers, emails, and comments. They keep my spirits up. Speaking of that, turn it up a notch for Margo. She came off the morphine pump and is just as miserable as she can be. I think she is going to be fine, but she's struggling. Dad and I, along with her daughter Sarah, put our hands on her and prayed over her to night. First time I have ever done that for anyone other than my little boy.

Okay, so that's all folks. Talk to you tomorrow. Somebody please record the Master's Tournament for me. I'd appreciate it a lot.



Location:Heilstättenweg,Ganderkesee,Germany

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I have no idea how to record the Masters and get that to you. I will have to leave that to someone else. Gee, Merritt looks just like you. Hope I didn't mispell that. We are praying for you, David, Margaret, and Margo. Joe and Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info and pics on your blog. Your Mom shared it with me on Sat. I'm amazed at your progress after surgery. God still does miracles.I'll continue to pray for your recovery and your time in Germany. War Eagle, Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are doing so well. We can't wait to see you. I'd record the Master's for you but someone has taken up the space on the DVR with the Iron Bowl and National Championship game...LOL. Our continued prayers are with you. Donica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch the masters online: http://www.masters.com/en_US/about/

    ReplyDelete
  5. DPayne!!! Great news! You are an inspiration to many. Glad to hear things are going well. A-day is 9 days away. I will take you to Tuscaloosa for a good time. You can see the team that will dominate Auburn next year!!
    P.S. Do they have sushi over there?
    Mike Reed

    ReplyDelete