Friday, April 8, 2011

A New Season

This morning I opened my eyes and knew immediately that something was very different. I lied there a minute or two trying to clear my head and figure out what it was. I sat up on the edge of the bed and looked around the room. Everything looked normal. Nothing was out of place, but something was different. I got up and went to the bathroom, wondering what it was. I came out and grabbed the hot cup of coffee that the nurse had just brought in and eased back the curtains, sipping my coffee and surveying the morning. As I stood there studying the the shapes and shadows of the garden outside my window, the shock was so severe I almost dropped my cup. I suddenly knew what was different ... I HAD NO PAIN. Nothing hurt. No stiffness. No aching. No burning. Nothing. I was standing there looking out of the window drinking coffee and enjoying it - like a normal person. It was a little surreal. I stood there trying to remember the last time I had done that, or the last time I had waked up and not immediately reached for the ibuprofen, or aleve, or something stronger. I could not.

It was a good day.


- Posted by ADP



Location:Im Bürgerpark,Bremen,Germany

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Keeping up with your wonderful progress via your blog is like reading a novel where you know the good guy will win in the end.
    Tina and I look forward to your posts every day. We are SOOOO happy for you. Margaret writes that you and David will do some site-seeing. Enjoy Germany. After all, you and David are now bi-lingual! What a great adventure. Love to you both. Joe and Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the great story Mr Payne has no pain! We are praying for the healing and progress to continue. We join you in thanking God for His work ... "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; who pardons all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases; who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle."- Psalm 103:1-5

    ReplyDelete